Tuesday 10 February 2009

"I have a bad, bad feeling my baby don't live here no more. That's all right I still got my guitar..."






Came up with an idea for a new comic on Saturday. It interrupted my flow on the one I was currently working on, mainly because I thought the idea was simpler and the story was more of a straight line. So the plan was to quickly bash this out (originally straight onto the page in ink) as a quicky-never mind-how-bad-it-looks comic, but by the time I got home ot draw it I had started getting little ideas to reinforce the main idea and realised I would have to put some work into it as I cared about it a little more than I planned. 

The very fact that it's such a straight line of a story is actually making it quite tough to plan, as it really just involves the same event happening again and again with greater consequences until the final payoff, and making that interesting could be a challenge.

So here's some ideas. I don't think they give anything away at all really as they're quite indistinct. The story is a horror and I'm thinking of looking at Eraserhead and Ttseuo (Body Hammer) for it. And Jack Kirby's rocks for reference! 

No comments: