Friday 6 February 2009

"How do they see when there is no light?" "They live by night, they live, they live by night!"





Some more comic sketches and ideas. I've finally caught up on the backlog of the horroretc podcast, so while I'm waiting for the next episode I've started listening to a film noir one called Out of the Past  

http://outofthepast.libsyn.com/

A lot drier than the horroretc, and shorter - each episode is about half hour long and concentrates on one film - but has loads of great points about film noir and how the camera says the lines that the actors are swerving around. Going to try and take some of it on board. 

I should be listening to music while drawing, but I find that I just want to pick up a guitar instead, so I'm keeping the music and drawing seperate until I just have to concentrate on drawing rather than planning. 

The planning is going really slowly, but as I keep sketching the same panels I'm coming up with problems and little tiny details which seem to be strengthening the overall comic.

And I think I've managed to do a bit of work each day of this week so far. Whoa. 

No comments: