Wednesday 18 February 2009

"Gouge away, you can gouge away.."



Only one page (and a bit) but I feel like I actually made some progress today. I quickly realised plotting out the whole story is going to take me longer than I thought, at least if it's to be worthwhile.

I think I'm going to carry on the way I'm doing it now - three steps forward, two steps back. I've found that by redoing the earlier panels each time I add new ones I can get a sense of the pace of the comic and whether the storytelling is tight enough or not. Each time I do it I'm streamlining the story a little and adding little details - or taking them away.

Hit a wall at the end of todays work so I left a page half done. I felt I was getting sloppy anyway. Pretty pleased with the basic idea of the first eight pages so far anyway. This was supposed to be a short story though...

Also pissed about with the scanner. I don't know why. It's probably because I'm a fucking child.  

No comments: