Saturday 29 August 2009

"Tent Roast Swan!"

Phew, I am knackered. 

Used my popblok graphic scores (link below) to do some music today. 

http://fidgetyink.blogspot.com/2008/10/musical-scores-v-popbloks.html

We set ourselves rules and limits, broke some, kept others, but ended up with some pretty wild music - because we didn't have to worry about a finished product a lot of experimentation happened (much of it silly), and I'm really pleased with the results. 

Along with lots of weird jams which I reckon we can use to make some wicked tracks, we managed to get at least three proper tunes (wierd tunes perhaps), one with a lush synth melody, cricket sounds made by a massively pitchshifted guiro and some pseudo-latin acoustic guitar; a motorik electro-pop tune with slide guitar and the lyrics "Tent Roast Swan!" and a really dirty dislocated guitar funk tune with a vomit choir we recorded in the bathroom. 

Plus I managed to use nearly all of my music equipment (I have a lot - quantity not quality). 

I'll post up the pictures when I get them. And maybe some tracks. 

"Tent Roast Swan!"

No comments: