Wednesday 22 July 2009

Think of a number, divide it by two





Fucking hell, my stereo's awful. 

Just getting into Wire. I'm a bit behind and starting with 'Pink Flag'. Love it. 

Had a week off and was going to spend it all drawing. I've only just got around to some this evening, instead I've met up with a friend and chatted about, read a lot and bought a lot of comics. Then I've been cleaning and rearranging the flat etc. 

Thought I better make up for the lost time drawing with some action tonight, so I've been working on 'Teethed Smile' the Polanski adaptation. These are supposed to be thumbnails but I don't seem to be able to stick with thumbnail size! Next I'm going to do the thumbnail order for the layout and then the roughs. Going to try and finish it this week so at least by the end of the week I would've finished one comic. 

Still got a gig and guitar to practice though, damn, this holiday really has just flown by. I have a tendency to stress any time off (including weekends) and worry about not doing enough. As a result I tried to read a hell of a lot. And I did. 

Wire - Pink Flag

Wednesday Comics #1 and #2 - didn't seem to have #3 today!

Meat is Murder 33 1/3 book.

Feast - cool fun horror flick. 

The New Frontier by Darwyn Cooke - volumes 1 & 2

Solo # 5 - Darwyn Cooke

Richard Pryor Show Episodes 1 & 2

The Screwtape Letters - C.S. Lewis

In the Flesh:Stories -Koren Shadmi

The Sandman Volume 7: Brief Lives

ABBA: Gold

Velvet Underground & Nico

Essential Amazing Spider-Man vol.6

Latest Buffy comics 

Horror Etc podcast 92 - British Horror

and in the time it's taken me to upload my pictures I've started and finished Solo#12 featuring Brendan McCarthy. Going to have to read that one again though, pretty and pretty nuts. 

3 comments:

Roland MacDonald said...

It's only Thursday. Don't Panic! ;)
Drawings are looking good.

Dion Lay said...

Cheers - jesus it took me ages to say that - couldn't remember my password and the bloody thing wouldn't remember it for me.

Roland MacDonald said...

LOL! That's a bit more time wasted!