Sunday 12 July 2009

"Someone Stumbles to the Bathroom with the Horrors"





Finished -nearly. Still got the actual music part to do - that'll be tomorrow I think. Hopefully shouldn't take more than an evening, two at the most and the most important part is the score which I can send tommorow (once I've recorded the A and B sides of the record for the music). 

Quite pleased with it in the end, looked quite close to what I originally designed, although I dropped the piano score part (too obvious, didn't really need it) and put in new clok music bits on the glue tabs. I realised I hadn't put clok music anywhere, which is important to the score, and then I realised the glue tabs had gone to waste so it seemed natural to go there. Glad I didn't end up drawing it on the hatband as I had originally intended, but I should've really taken more care with the colours - I just chucked them on. Never mind. 

Added an extra inner sleeve for instructions as well - vague instructions, enough to explain a little without restricting the music performer. 

Just had a cool thought - it would be nice to do this to loads of records, put them in charity shops with a link to a website - anybody making music with them could send their music to the website. Hmmmm, pipe dream perhaps. 

The Sopranos Season One 

Essential Amazing Spider-Man Vol.5

Neu! - Neu!

Gold Blade - Home Turf

Samurai Jack Season One

Dead Kennedys - Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables

1 comment:

Roland MacDonald said...

Hey Dion - Nice to see this up on Aquired Collective blog. Looks great. Well done