Saturday 4 October 2008

Quenched Metal II

After posting the last blog I thought it would be nice to post something after all, and as music was on my mind I thought I would post some of my old music/art work. 

I got into Fluxus at art school, and from there got into video art (for about a year) then, as I was into music already I got into experimental music. My university years were spent doing experimental music and learning how to use a recording studio and, for the first time, MIDI and sequencers.

I didn't want to sacrifice art to do music, and after getting into John Cage, Steve Reich and, in particular, Corenlius Cardew (check out Scratch Music if you can - its a very rare book though, I finally got my hands on on a couple of years ago), I realised that it was the perfect way to combine artwork and music.

Because a lot of the music was about new ideas, it meant that the music scores were also new, and this is where the art side came in to it. I always meant to go back to doing it as I felt I had just started, but this is about as far as I have got so far.

Thats the intro - here's the stuff.  

No comments: