Saturday 30 May 2009

Fuck You, I'll Skate To The Beach! And Look Better Doin' It!






Quite and obscure lyric that one. 

So I've felt like I was getting into a rut - either that or not doing anything at all. So I'm going to try and get out of it. Going to try and get a 'polished' bit of work done and there's an outside art thing I might try my hand at. More arty, less draweringy. 

I also decided to try and get out more to beat of the depression and make myself feel like I was taking part in the life that everyone else seems to be having. To the beach! 

Pleasant, must make a habit of this. Been meaning to do this for ages (quick drawerings from life) but I always feel really self-conscious and, well, rude. Seems so intrusive to draw someone without their permission. Anyway, fuck 'em, they're having a lovely time and I'm a black hole of darkness so I will steal their souls with badly drawn pencil sketches! Felt the self-consciousness slip away and I think I was improving. Wanted to stay until I finished all my sketchbook but I was think I had started to melt a little bit so I came back. 

Because I'm trying to use the last few pages of old sketchbooks I found some bizarre doodles. They're here as well. 

No comments: