Monday 26 January 2009

No do war era rings



My hand is slightly hurting from too much workhorse mouse moving today so I'm going to skip the drawing and read a book instead. Also it's ten o' clock already and I'm old.

This week I am reading 'Uncanny Stories' by May Sinclair, recommended to me at work. I recently finished Moby Dick, a book I had been meaning to read for ages. Much as I loved what I had read when I started it I recognised that it was going to be a long and read and I would have to give my all to it, especially since it had been an age since I had read fiction. So I kept putting it off and eventually made a pact that I would not read another book until I had finished this one.

It soon became an obsession, and I turned my mind from all other reading considerations. I couldn't think of reading anything else, perchance this may steer me from my fate and the final page. Eventually I gave myself a deadline of one week to finish the thing and left all other concerns behind me... etc

Anyway, I loved it. I plan to re-read it soon without the pressure of having it a must read and really take it in.  So now I've got a whole wealth shelf for myself and I'm starting with some recommendations.

This is really just a continuation of my doomed attempt to suck as much stuff up as possible, while also providing a noble way of totally avoiding actually using any knowledge and skill attained to actually produce something and risk failure. 

I have also had a shave. 

Here's a painting I never finished and a finish I never painted. 

No comments: