Sunday 28 September 2008

Joan crawford can be drawn with a ruler, Bette Davis with curls.






Bit of a frustrating (as usual) weekend - couldn't seem to get much done, and not very pleased with what I did do. Apart from my guitar playing which seemed to go rather well.

Putting up some more of the 60 second drawings - I'm not really improving because I'm not managing to practice everyday. Tut, tut. I was pleased with a couple of the lines - I seemed to draw really differently yesterday to today - it doesn't show much, but I was going for really simple strong curvy lines today, and yesterday was my usual scribble. 

Tried using some ink to do drawing today and just got into an awful mess. Then got pissed off and just scribbled for about an hour drawing hands, but not really concentrating at all. 

Finally decided to try and get something good done - watched 'Whatever Happened To Baby Jane' recently and really enjoyed Bette Davis and Joan Crawford. Decided to try and draw some femme fatales. Failed, but really enjoyed it and I think its something I'm going to go back to soon. Love film noir, means you can do lovely inky black sketches, my favourite. 

No comments: