Tuesday 19 August 2008

Oh dear...






The main reason I created this blog is to improve my drawing - I drew most of my life then basically stopped for - ooh about 8 years or so - as I got really into making music. Every now and then I would have a hardcore month or two drawing again and getting better and then I would get distracted and stop. As a result my sketchbooks are all over the place - you can see the drawing improving and then suddenly it gets really bad again signalling a long break. 

I'm making another go of it, and had a really good week before I once again got distracted by a game I was playing. After three weeks I realised what was happening, put my TV in the cupboard and decided to create this blog so I would have some focus. 

So, its been about three weeks since I drew the pics I first posted up recently and today I started again. A little rusty as a result, so I started with the handy 60 second drawings. 

I then tried drawing some cats. I had made a birthday picture for a friend who loves cats and realised I couldn't draw them to save my life, so this seemed a good place to start. Be warned - they are not pretty. But I want to post up what I do so I can (hopefully) see some progress. Didn't get as much time as I would have liked drawing today, going to have to start practicing at lunch and maybe not watching so much Buffy in the evenings. 

2 comments:

Chub a Lub said...

I like how dynamic your drawing style is!

Beatific Beleaguer said...

Whoa. Love those cats. I was looking at your drawings, and I already could hear them yowling and hissing. And you posted in the right place. It just seems off because it's in my already odd food/exercise journal :-)